Winter Wonderfest has returned to Orange County’s Discovery Cube. From now through January 7, the Discovery Cube’s backyard is transformed into a winter wonderland complete with various wintry activities for kids of all ages. There’s ramps for snow tubing, bunny slopes for sledding, an enclosed snow area for snowman-building and snow angel-making, and more. All this, in addition to the Cube’s already many educational and entertaining science-related offerings on hand.
If you’re devoting an entire day to the Discovery Cube (which you should) then it’s a must that you check out all the different interactive exhibits, which there are plenty of. Ry’s favorite is the spiral well on the second floor, and of course the dinosaur-themed outdoor exhibit featuring a walk-through two-story Argentinosaurus, and Dino Quest, a dinosaur adventure.
On our last visit to Wonderfest when Ry was barely 2+ years old, he became obsessed with snow tubing. Despite being such a little guy, he showed no fear as he went down the really high ramp not once, not twice, but five times, and all by himself. Ry was all smiles as he repeatedly swooshed down the slope in the big blue ring. He also entered the snow enclosure and went sledding, but it was obvious that tubing stole his heart.
So get your tickets now for Discovery Cube’s annual Winter Wonderfest before all the snow melts on January 7th.
Details and Tips
– Winter Wonderfest is an additional cost (on top of admission tickets) for persons three years old and above.
– Ticket pricing can be found here.
– On-site parking is $5 per vehicle (cash only).
– If parking is full at the dedicated lot, proceed to the one across the street at the mall where you can park for free.
– Pack a bag of winter wear, including jackets, beanies, and gloves because it does get cold and your don’t want your kiddo to get sick.
– Wear closed toe shoes with good traction if you decide to play in the snow. Plus when it melts it gets wet and slippery.
– Lines to the snow tubing ramps subside by the late afternoon, so it might be the best time to partake in that activity.
– The mall near the museum offers plenty of eateries to choose from, so you and your fam can get a bite to eat there before or after your trip to the museum. But of course there’s also a cafeteria at the Cube.
Discovery Cube Orange County
2500 N. Main St.
Santa Ana, CA 92705
Other Discovery Cube Locations
Discovery Cube Los Angeles
11800 Foothill Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 91342
Discovery Cube Ocean Quest Newport Beach
600 E. Bay Ave.
Newport Beach, CA 92661