Hello and welcome to our blog. My name is Theresa, a single mom to an adorable, rambunctious, and adventurous toddler. Together, we form the dynamic mom and son duo of Sugarfoot and Ry. During the day, I daydream about far off places and salivate over photos of distant lands. However, practical me maintains a full time job as a licensed mental health professional in the Los Angeles area. Ry, on the other hand spends his days at preschool learning his ABC’s and 123’s, amusing his schoolteachers, and just being a silly little kid. During our free time we explore family-friendly sites and unique fun spots in awesome and vibrant sunny SoCal, as well as other parts of the lovely golden state, and elsewhere in the good ol’ U.S. of A.
Before I actually had Ry, I traveled a bit both domestically and abroad and acquired plenty of fond memories along the way, many of which were acquired from my solo ventures. To see the places I’ve been to pre-motherhood, click here. Without a doubt I inherited the wanderlust/adventure gene, and it would appear as though that Ry did too.
In case it wasn’t obvious, Sugarfoot is me, Theresa, and my tot is Ry. I was given the nickname by an endearing psychiatric patient of mine, whom, without fail would often say to me, “I love ya, Sugarfoot!” 🙂
Educationally and professionally, I have a B.A. from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) and a Master’s degree from the University of Southern California (USC). Am I an L.A. girl or what? Prior to my current employment in the field of mental health (11 years), I rocked it in event planning/coordination in the marketing and media relations sector.
So there we go, a little bit about us. Thank you kindly for dropping by and feel free to take a look around. If you find our posts useful and/or entertaining, please like and follow us on Facebook and Instagram. Positive comments are also appreciated, and we welcome any questions you might have.
Disclosure: Sugarfoot and Ry Famventures may be compensated in exchange for featured placement of certain sponsored products and services, or by clicking on banners and links posted on this website.
HIGHLIGHTS & THINGS
– October 20, 2016: Website down for three days until domain name transfer completed.
– September 5, 2016: Sugarfoot and Ry Famventures has been recognized as a Top 50 Mommy Blogger on Thoroughly Reviewed, a consumer reviews website that receives over 500,000 views a month. Woohoo! Thanks for the nod, Thoroughly Reviewed!
– June 13, 2016: Blogging wise, this has been a pretty cool week. I was accepted as a contributing blogger for the Huffington Post. Additionally, I was nominated for a peer-to-peer recognition award – a Liebster by two different bloggers. I also discovered that one of the biggest mom bloggers in the business started following me on my Instagram account. Lastly, I scored super inexpensive plane tickets to Chicago. That means our next famventure is to Chi-Town in August. I’m genuinely grateful for these blessings. Keep them coming, Lord.
– May 1, 2016: Switched WordPress themes and began to focus more on learning about design, as well as the technical aspect of blogging. The goal is to maintain a clean and simple site that’s both informative and entertaining. Just please bear with me and keep in mind that I’m a full-time professional, a part-time family-fun-seeker, a new blogger, but most importantly, a 24/7 mommy.
– Feb. 10, 2016: The uber popular Two Monkeys Travel Group featured us on their “Bloggers to Shine Series.” Check out our interview here. With a Facebook following of close to 85,000 (as of Sept. 2016, 136K), it’s a real honor to be included in their web series. The founders of Two Monkeys, Kach from the Philippines and Jon from the U.K. left their corporate jobs in pursuit of a sustainable travel lifestyle. To find out more about them, check out their website, Two Monkeys Travel Group.
– Feb. 8, 2016: Transitioned my personal Instagram account into our S&R account. FYI, photos appearing prior to the Disney Concert Hall were taken before the birth of my son, Ry.
– Dec. 2015: Official launch of Sugarfoot and Ry Famventures.